[Bf-funboard] Grab, rotate, scale with basepoint proposal

Justas Ingelevičius justas at zvejone.lt
Thu Aug 20 16:20:01 CEST 2015

On 12 August 2015 at 14:21, Adam Preisler <adam at preisler.me> wrote:

> as an advanced Blender user I would definitely use this.

Hi, I do not agree that this feature would be used rarely or used only by
advanced users. Every user could benefit. Similar approach of moving,
rotating objects is used in many other software. Starting from SketchUP to
AutoCAD and other. And usually it's even default behavior. So you even do
not have to push hotkey for moving object with basepoint. Users switching
to blender from other software are familiar with this.

One example was then I tried to convince some architect to use blender for
architectural visualizations. After some lessons they were frustrated about
moving, rotating, scaling. Because without this proposed feature in some
cases you do things minutes instead seconds.

Maybe for advanced user could be less difference, because he knows many
tips and hacks hotkeys and workarounds how to manipulate objects, but for
beginners this will be huge help.

Justas