[Bf-funboard] RGB Curve Node – cursor jumps back

Marc Dion marcdion1974 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 21:03:54 CEST 2015

in that video you posted, the curve-point did not jump back to the original
position.  It jumped to where you had moved the mouse.

The delay is caused by the viewport rendering using up too much system
resources.

When this happens,  fundamental operations like keyboard and mouse IO
cannot be processed immediately, instead the commands build up in a cue.

Then once the CPU has a bit of time allocated to house-keeping(IO), the cue
is processed and a flood of old keyboard and mouse calls are suddenly
processed even though they are no longer relevant.

For me, under  OS X, if I set the rendering tiles to 16x16 then this almost
never happens and I can spend hours using the viewport rendering
interactively without too much issue.

When I've been baking textures,  I often forget to change back to 16x16
since baking requires higher tile sizes even for CPU rendering this will
get very bad for me.

The 512x512 tile size I use for baking textures will lock up the CPU long
enough per cycle to cause IO  sputtering for viewport rendering but it's
fine when I remember to change back to 16x16.

I think you can go as low as 8x8 for tile sizes.  Try that and see if it
helps.

Otherwise we should be patient until someone has inspiration in this area.
Sergey's been putting thought into this so maybe something will come out of
that.