[Bf-funboard] Matcap Viewport - possibility to choose viewport matcap for each material

Adam Preisler adam at preisler.me
Sun Apr 26 12:50:58 CEST 2015

Dear blenderers!

I was wondering if being able to set different matcaps for materials would
be possible.

Of course there would still be an option to override every material OpenGL
setting and use only one matcap material in viewport for clarity.

I still think that it would greatly enhance the viewport experience.

I am also adding 2 screenshots with gimped (photoshoped:)) viewport matcaps
on one of them.

Matcap gimped viewport screenshot. Or - How it could possibly look:
http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=87296

Viewport without mapcaps now: http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=87297

Maybe even adding the possibility to create/add your own cubemaps?

Have a nice rest of the weekend,

AP