[Bf-funboard] Color Node

Greg Zaal gregzzmail at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 08:46:27 CEST 2015

Input nodes (are supposed to) always serve as a starting point in a node
tree and have no input sockets - they *create* the data for the rest of the
tree to operate on. Other nodes, like the RGB colour mix node, can go
anywhere in the tree as they do have input sockets and are intended to
change the data that they are given.

In some cases this logic can be bent a bit - the MixRGB node doesn't *have*
to have inputs, you might like to just mix the two colours of the empty
sockets; the Fresnel node is considered an Input node, although it does
have a socket for the IOR and Normal (yet usually these are not connected,
or have only a short chain of nodes connected to them)

-Greg