[Bf-funboard] Shape Workflow Improvement Suggestion

Ajlan Altug ajlanaltug at genesys-da.com
Sat Sep 13 23:57:53 CEST 2014

As of now, applying any of the modifiers does not work if there are shape
keys present on your model. Frankly, I feel very strongly that this must be
improved, and it can be, imo. Blender refuses to apply modifiers in order
not to alter the point order on a model. However, this can only be viable
if the modifier in question generates other than simply deforms. If the
user is simply able to deform the 'Basis' shape and the rest of the shapes
follow suit, then it should be no hassle for Blender to 'apply' a
'deformer' modifier to the basis shape. All that needs to be done is to get
Blender to distinguish between generator and deformer modifiers, and once a
deformer modifier is detected, applying a modifier should be accepted.

I can't begin to tell what great hassle it is to go around this
limitation...

Cheers;

AJ

--