[Bf-funboard] Fwd: Group of single strips in VSE

Jonatã Bolzan jbopen at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 14:10:27 CET 2014

Well, I tried to make an example about my workflow.

Here are the files:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/g95e7ev8vxen60t/strip_group_example.zip

I first made the sequence strip_group_example.blend and put a some
animation in a Transform effect strip. Well, now I have to make something
inside the strip that is already animated and linked to Transform strip. If
it was in a group in the first time I created the Transform strip, it would
be very easy to change the content of the strip, and I would have something
like the strip_group_example_02.zip . But in the actual workflow, I need to
delete the Transform strip and its animation (or copy and past it next),
make the changes I want, group it and apply again the Transform animation.

I hope you understand my workflow.

Thanks for the attention.
--
Jonatã Bolzan.

On Thu, Nov 6, 2014 at 10:52 AM, David McSween <3pointedit at gmail.com> wrote:

> One esoteric workflow would be versioning of a strip/shot.
>
> I would start with a storyboard frame and metastrip it. Then when newer
> versions become available they can be added inside the metastrip. This
> would mean that the video editing process would occur with metastrips
> instead of regular media. The metastrip would be flexible enough to include
> a full history of reworked FX shots or animations stacked up inside, with
> the latest occupying top spot.
>
> However this only works if you can start with just a single strip. Infant I
> was going to demonstrate the idea with a  colour strip inside the metastrip
> as you cannot colour code metastrips. That would be very handy actually.
>
> Cheers
> David aka 3pointedit
>
> On Thu, Nov 6, 2014 at 10:42 PM, Campbell Barton <ideasman42 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Allowing this again seems OK IMHO, but good to know why it was
> > disallowed, and why you might want to use it.
> >
> > See commit:
> > https://developer.blender.org/rBa1578f08dc442b0c64f05a1ab18ef0fd90a9f6e4
> >
> > On Thu, Nov 6, 2014 at 10:23 AM, Antony Riakiotakis <kalast at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > > Can you share some examples of this workflow?

> > groups

> > --
> > - Campbell

Jonatã Bolzan