[Bf-funboard] Vertex Group Map node suggestion

Warren Bahler bahlerb3 at live.com
Sun May 18 00:30:36 CEST 2014

Hi, have any cycles dev's considered adding a vertex group node, or adding access to vertex groups through the attribute node? vertex color is great, but vertex groups as a B/W mask could be even more so, considering the vertex weight modifiers, and proximity modifier. It would also work more seamlessly with dynamic paint, particles and any modifier using a vertex group - allowing shading based on the effected area.I don't know if this is as simple as it sounds to implement, but thanks for considering.

I can post this on the cycles board if that's the correct place -  wasn't sure. thanks