[Bf-funboard] Labeling of the new buildbot builds

reiner.prokein reiner.prokein at posteo.de
Thu Mar 20 11:55:17 CET 2014

Hi there,

The old buildbot releases all had a r - number in their name. Like
r56992. And a newer release had a higher number than a older release.
This was perfect to organize the builds in a backup folder. I keep
several old versions of Blender for bug report reasons.

The new buildbot releases comes with cryptic numbers and letters. Like
5611fb6 or b105d2ac or aee3018. And it already became a mess which
number is what version in my folder. Those new builds don't sort by age
anymore. New releases end in the middle of all the other releases, and
not at the end. I have to rename every build folder by hand, adding the
date and release number there.

The old way was much more convenient for me. What is the benefit of the
new numbers? Any chance that we can get the old labeling back?

Kind regards

Tiles