[Bf-funboard] remember shading method for each interaction mode

Bol Bib bollebib at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 19 23:20:23 CET 2014

 Blender should remember that when I'm in edit mode I choose solid,in texture paint textured, in weight paint wired....etc.

The reason for that is in some modes some shading methods are utterly useless as they are a jumbled mess,or are unreadable or unoptimized for certain modes,while others are just plain better.

As an example I will give the weight paint which is mostly black (or blue) with some color . To me that one is best in wired. But when I acitvate  edit mode I still get wired even though to me wired is absolutely useless in edit mode,and unreadable because of the huge amount of vertices. I ALWAYS need to select solid . If you then go to texture mode,any shading method but texture is comparativly useless,on a textured character,and I have to select textured at every time.

This is not a huge issue at certain stages of a project ,but at the stages where you have to compare a lot it becomes a huge waste of time .

There are 2 options I see
1)set defaults for a mode in options
->needs more setup,but is easier to control.
2) blender remembers which method you choose for which mode.
->This is in my eyes similar to blender remembering different panel orders for different 3D views. More flexible.

Either way is fine to me,the latter seems harder to get right ,so I would definitly settle for the first even though the latter might be better for most workflows.
Also a toggle to keep the current way of working would be good in some cases and workflows.

Is this possible?