[Bf-funboard] Simple tweak could make properties editor much better - Acces objects, materials, textures more easily!

Bol Bib bollebib at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 11 11:47:22 CET 2014

I can't imagine this to be a very difficult coding job but I could be wrong.
Nor do I expect anyone to have an issue with this from a workflow as it would improve the properties editor very greatly and doesn't take the current workflow away in any form. (but again I could be wrong)

I propose this:

http://share.pho.to/4uDGS

The idea is to be able to access objects, materials and textures MUCH more quickly from ANYWHERE in the properties editor,even when completely scrolled down.

-Shows the current breadcrumbs all the time,never forgetting where you are
-Provides quick access to objects without needing 3D view or outliner
-Provides acces to materials without needing to change tab.
-You can enable disable textures to compare effects and influences.
-compact
-code for widgets is already present (mostly) as the widgets proposed are already used ALL over Blender.

I would very much like to hear a better solution if there is one. But this would solve a big issue I'm sure a lot of people have : navigating through tabs just to select a different material,and then back again to textures immediatly and then scroll down or up again to select another texture or just activate/deactivate it.

Please discuss