[Bf-funboard] Set camera as the one to look through?

reiner.prokein reiner.prokein at posteo.de
Sat Mar 1 10:35:04 CET 2014

Hi there,

First i thougth it is a bug. But then i was told it is a feature. So i
ask here.

I have two cameras in my scene. One is inactive (triangle is not filled)
but selected. One is active (triangle is filled) but not selected. When
i press Numpad 0 then it looks through the active one, which is not
selected. But i want to look through the one that i have selected.
That's where my search started. Where can i set my selecetd, means the
inactive camera to be active, so that i can look through?

By coincidence i stumbled across the menu item called View / Cameras /
Set active object as Camera. The label tells me that i have to press
this button when i want a cube or another primitive to act as a camera.
I would have never thought that this button has something to do with set
my selected camera to be active. Especially since it does not only set
it active, but also looks through the camera immediately. But it seems
to be the only way.

So what is the official way to set an inactive camera to active? Where
is the corresponding menu item? And wouldn't it be better to set the
selected camera to be active automatically?

Kind Regards

Reiner