[Bf-funboard] Array of pictures.

Jeffrey H italic.rendezvous at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 04:44:06 CEST 2014

What about tiled render slots?

I'm wondering if there's a way to query if there's an image saved in a
slot, and if there is, it would be added to a tile list, which would be
counted and a UV editor window could be divided based on that list count.
But then you'd have to have an active slot, which could be set just as it
currently is. But then how could you delete a tile? By deleting the image
or would there be a tile removal function?

Slot 1: True
Slot 2: True
Slot 3: False
Slot 4: True

Tile matrix:
1  1
1

OR

1  1
0  1

This would get complex if you're dealing with (potentially different)
aspect ratios or division methods or more than four slots or an odd number
of slots or user-defined divisions or ...

I don't see a need for a feature such as this, I'm just thinking out loud
here. If I need multiple images up, I just use multiple UV editors.

On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 3:28 PM, David McSween <3pointedit at gmail.com> wrote:

> You can already store renders in the uv image editor render slots but not
> as floating dragable elements. Also in this case they would be modified by
> yhe colour management.
> On 27 Jun 2014 00:50, "Knapp" <magick.crow at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I just watched this rather cool and short video and though the way he
> > showed off the photos on the side was a new feature of blender but it was
> > not.
> > Can someone make it? It would be a wonderful feature to have.
> >
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aByZrsE1J0w&list=UUVA3cYOgsTN4hs3v7pjne7w
> > Thanks
> >
> > --
> > Douglas E Knapp
> >
> > Creative Commons Film Group, Helping people make open source movies
> > with open source software!
> > http://douglas.bespin.org/CommonsFilmGroup/phpBB3/index.php
> >
> > Massage in Gelsenkirchen-Buer:
> > http://douglas.bespin.org/tcm/ztab1.htm
> > Please link to me and trade links with me!
> >
> > Open Source Sci-Fi mmoRPG Game project.
> > http://sf-journey-creations.wikispot.org/Front_Page
> > http://code.google.com/p/perspectiveproject/

Jeffrey "Italic_" Hoover