[Bf-funboard] So what is up with the undo?

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 08:33:48 CEST 2014

Its an arbitrary limit, but!

Undo's are stored in memory at the moment, and in some cases they use
a lod (shape-keys in editmode for example that can eat up a lot of
ram),

There is code in Blender to write undo state to disk, but currently
its not used.
If we want to have a really high undo limit probably this should be enabled.

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 3:37 AM, Knapp <magick.crow at gmail.com> wrote:
> There were a bunch of posts about this but no dev ever said why it was
> limited to 64 undos.
> Is there an answer?
>
> --
> Douglas E Knapp
>
> Creative Commons Film Group, Helping people make open source movies
> with open source software!
> http://douglas.bespin.org/CommonsFilmGroup/phpBB3/index.php
>
> Massage in Gelsenkirchen-Buer:
> http://douglas.bespin.org/tcm/ztab1.htm
> Please link to me and trade links with me!
>
> Open Source Sci-Fi mmoRPG Game project.
> http://sf-journey-creations.wikispot.org/Front_Page
> http://code.google.com/p/perspectiveproject/

- Campbell