[Bf-funboard] The Lack of inability to perform Batch operations in Blender

Bassam Kurdali bassam at urchn.org
Mon Jun 2 19:20:12 CEST 2014

-There is a 'batch rename datablocks' addon in Testing that does a bit
of the automation.
-There is also the 'copy to selected' feature when you right-click - not
available for e.g. modifier settings, but is for other things.
- there is also the 'copy attributes menu' addon that does a 3D view
copy of specific things.
- you can use the 'link' button ctrl-L for some other things.

However:
Gang/batch editing with more flexibility would be a cool feature. It
would need some design (even as an addon/python) for instance: modifier
settings aren't trivial, what if there are multiple instances of the
same modifier/ none, etc. on the other objects? which one do you copy?
and so on.
cheers,
Bassam