[Bf-funboard] The Lack of inability to perform Batch operations in Blender

Kévin Dietrich kevin.dietrich at mailoo.org
Mon Jun 2 17:09:09 CEST 2014

Sorry the first message was inadvertently sent before I could re-read
myself... Here is the "mistake-free" version.

Hi Ajlan,

I don't know if such feature is on any roadmap. But for the most part,
you can write a little python script to get such work done.

For example, in the case of the subsurf modifier, you can do it like so:

import bpy

for obj in bpy.context.selected_objects:

 try:

 obj.modifiers['Subsurf'].levels = 2

 except KeyError:

 print("No subsurf on this object")

This will set the "view" level of all the subsurf modifiers in your
scene to
2.

You could add 1 "render" level with:

 obj.modifiers['Subsurf'].render_levels += 1

 etc...

This is basic blender/python scripting for task automation. You can look
for
more info on that subject on BlenderArtists.

Cheers,

Kévin