[Bf-funboard] Feature request: Fewer viewport updates when editing texture nodes

Thor Ekle thor at 1299design.com
Mon Jul 28 01:36:39 CEST 2014

Hi everyone,

This is my first time requesting a feature, and this really is in the
gray area between a bug and a feature, so I apologize if I've gone about
this in the wrong way.

Issue:
When the 3D viewport is set to Rendered mode and you're editing textures
in the node editor, the viewport updates unnecessarily. This disrupts
the workflow somewhat and can probably be improved on fairly easily.

As far as I can tell, it should not be necessary to redraw the viewport
when:

. A new node is added
. When a node where all the output sockets are empty is edited

I suppose it might be possible to trace through the node tree to
determine if a redraw is required in response to any type of edit; this
may catch more use cases than I suggested above.

Thanks,
Thor