[Bf-funboard] Auto perspective improvement suggestion

Jeffrey H italic.rendezvous at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 02:04:40 CET 2014

I like this idea. I snap with ALT all the time because my laptop doesn't
have a full numpad (it has the blue function keys instead). I use ortho
exclusively, but this would be great for architectural modeling or other
precision work. I would imagine the view would not snap to ortho if the
view was alt-snapped to an off-axis view, though. Maybe I would switch to
using a perspective viewport if it behaved this way.

On Sat, Jan 4, 2014 at 10:00 AM, Hadrien Brissaud <hadriscus at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> auto perspective is cool, but why not have it work the opposite way as well
> ? => One could switch from persp to ortho when the view is snapped to axes
> (holding alt key). This would avoid users back-and-forths between mouse and
> numpad.
>
> Regards,
>
> Hadrien

Jeffrey "Italic_" Hoover