[Bf-funboard] Animated GLSL transparency in 3D View

Aniruddha Hardikar aniruddha.har at gmail.com
Sat Dec 27 15:56:06 CET 2014

Hi, I'm Aniruddha from Pune, India. A first time poster to bf-funboard.

I was curious if animated update of transparency/alpha in 3D View using
GLSL is in any near-future todo lists. That is one feature(?) I have always
mised in blender. It would be a really useful addition, and could boost
OpenGL quick-rendering in a great way. I couldn't find it anywhere, apart
from a couple of posts by brecht mentioning it being put on hold in favour
of speed, as it would cause the GLSL shaders to recompile per frame.

Any discussion on this is much appreciated, thanks :)

Regards,
-Aniruddha