[Bf-funboard] some pipeline related requests

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 08:22:36 CEST 2014

This can be done by writing your own render operator which wraps the
real one, then calling this from the button --- (but really don't
recommend this).

Just committed a `render_init` handler, so you can perform changes
just before a render starts (you'll need a recent build to test of
course).
https://developer.blender.org/rB55cacb2e63e342705e25e205c1b805956a7226bd

On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 1:52 AM, Thomas Volkmann
<lists at thomasvolkmann.com> wrote:
> I can probably use multilayer-exr for that. I was just trying to mimic what we
> are used to here when rendering from Max and Softimage.
>
> But as for the other problem, can I map the Animation button to a custom
> command?
> Then I would have a script like that:
> <pseudo-code>
> for layer in layers:
>     if layer CheckedForRender:
>         uncheck all other layers
>         set output to layername
>         render animation
>         restore layerCheck
> </pseudo-code>
>
> So could I have a startupscript that binds my script to that button?
>

> ***sent twice, because the original mail is held back for approval (got too
> big)****
>

>> Campbell Barton <ideasman42 at gmail.com> hat am 27. August 2014 um 16:09
>> geschrieben:
>>

>> Is there any reason you can't use multi-layer EXR's for this purpose?
>> (or render multi-layer EXR's and split them up after)
>>
>> There is an image output node which can have multiple file outputs,
>> but think this isnt very practical to setup-on-the-fly.
>>
>> Otherwise If you want to set different output paths you have to render
>> multiple times as far as I know.

- Campbell