[Bf-funboard] Converting toggle buttons to pie menus

Jude Jackson syzygy6 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 05:54:29 CEST 2014

Well in that case, I'd be interested in a discussion around the idea of the
gearshift menu itself. Right now, it's sort of assumed that every option in
the pie menu proposal will be a direction in a big daisy of choices, but
that doesn't seem very conducive to an efficient workflow. Personally,
maybe since I'm one of the rare Americans who drives a manual transmission,
my gearshift idea seems intuitive, but I don't know what its limits are. It
might work well with 2-8 options, but beyond that it might be too clunky
(of course, it's not like a big daisywheel stands much better).

Anyway, a couple other keys that could be expanded:

*A* - Macro selections (select all, select none, select all of X type,
deselect X type)
*C, B* - Condense into a single key, add circle select, box select, lasso
select, &c.
*H* - Hide, hide group, hide everything else
*O* - Choose proportional editing falloff (or disable)