[Bf-funboard] Space saving UI proposal

Antony Riakiotakis kalast at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 13:56:08 CEST 2014

I like what I see in the modifier section.

Floating panels could work, but this is for someone more knowledgeable than
me to say.
What I don't like in this proposal is changing the headers while the panels
are docked. This creates too much visual clutter. The alignment issue with
check boxes is easily solved by offsetting text in panels that don't have
check boxes by one space.

Another thing that is a no go is having per 3D view settings for each
modifier. This is just impossible on the current data design and it would
create endless headaches with various modifiers. I don't see it happening
any time soon.

Tabs design is slightly weird here and lacks any kind of information.
Remembering "feature X is in n tab" is harder and more abstract than
remembering "feature X is in the Tools tab".