[Bf-funboard] Space saving UI proposal

Paulius Mscichauskas pauliusmscichauskas at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 13:03:50 CEST 2014

Hello.
I have written a paper that proposes some changes to the blender GUI that
tackles
these issues:
  1) Inconsistency in the N shelf. Object/scene specific panels are in
  one menu with 3D view setting panels.
  2) The position of the "Last operator" panel.
  3) Claustrophobic 3D view. The view is shorter horizontally, than
vertically at some occasions.
  4) The user is forced to see to much info at once. The paper explains How
to give the
  user a possibility to clean up his view to the level of sculptris, where
if the user is just sculpting, only relevant sculpting tools for his
specific sculpting workflow are seen on a full screen 3D view. Much more
customizavbility.
  5) Ability to reach the multires modifier without leaving the 3D view....

Link to PDF:
http://blenderartists.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=301256&d=1396947175

The proposal has a lot of text, and might not be clear at parts, so feel
free to ask if something is unclear.
English is not my native language. Be patient and give it a chance.

Feel free to discuss.
Maybe the proposal has at least a few ideas that might benefit blender.

Sincerely,
Paulius Mscichauskas

P.S. If someone could place this in the blender wiki, that would be great.
I couldn't figure out how to do that.