[Bf-funboard] UI talk + session at bconf

david j davidj at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 05:01:17 CEST 2013

On Sep 27, 2013 4:46 AM, "Campbell Barton" <ideasman42 at gmail.com> wrote:
> You make some changes that are subjective and we don't have an experts
> who can properly give you feedback - so the patch doesn't get
> reviewed.

What is subjective about the changes? I see nothing subjective. I removed
the subjective behavior change by making a new patch.

I followed the required blender patterns to add tooltips and fix an
objective visual selection display mistake.

I *had* to rewrite the function to make tooltips work, because blender
tooltips are really data introspection. The old code does not have
tooltips, because it does not have a DNA/RNA data type which can be
introspected.

> Another example, recently a developer worked on curve support for
> deleting and splitting off curves by segments.
> Since this is an obvious improvement I reviewed and committed.

How is adding tooltips and fixing the selection display not an obvious
improvement?

I'm sympathetic to maintainer issues.

I have tried hard to find the simplest things to fix. I already shelved
several other fixes on my list because fixing them required either ui
approval, abstraction fixes or both.

My current opinion is that if I can't get a carefully made patch to add
tooltips in, why would I waste even more time. Confidence building works
both ways.