[Bf-funboard] UI Mockups

Jude Jackson syzygy6 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 28 18:49:32 CEST 2013

Oh, I see what you mean, I didn't get that far in the thread yet, but that
would be a terrific step.

My theoretical criticism is that, unlike in traditional image editing, most
of the time in CG what you see on the viewport isn't necessarily the most
important thing to see. That is, whereas in Illustrator, the exact width of
the stroke is less important than what the stroke actually looks like on
the artboard, Blender isn't actually a wysiwyg system for most functions.

That said, in any given task, I much prefer to have a balance that
minimizes clutter and maximizes information. Sublime
Text<http://www.sublimetext.com/>is a pretty good example of that,
although I'm not sure if the design of a
text editor for code and markup actually has much to teach Blender. Well,
except that sweet preview scroll bar. That's wicked nice. Also the fact
that the UI isn't cluttered with advanced tools (although by the same
token, its advanced features aren't available to non-advanced users).