[Bf-funboard] UI Mockups

Karl Kühberger karl.kuehberger at gmail.com
Sat Sep 28 14:46:43 CEST 2013

On BA i found this mockup by marcoG_ita, which is quite minimalistic.
In my opinion, this is a very good approach for a UI relaunch, maybe not
in Blender 2.7, but in 2.8.

There is lot of workspace and no clutter. I like the tool icons on the left
side
and there is still space enough for new functions and for buttons provided
by addons.
The properties are only appear when needed. The toolbox of course should be
fully configurable.

I could imagine to have some buttons on the bottom for switching modes,
pivot etc.
There could also be something like the dock in Mac OSX on the bottom (for
the timeline,
additional icons, ...). It could only appear when the mouse moves to the
bottom border of the screen.

The philosophy behind all: only show needed tools and information and don't
detract the attention of the user from the actual work.

Cheers,
Karl