[Bf-funboard] floating windows don't stay on top!

Harley Acheson harley.acheson at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 18:06:31 CEST 2013

Yikes, this discussion of the merits of overlapping windows
is completely off-topic.

The original comment was about how we can *now* turn a
Blender Editor into a new separate window. Doing so works
wonderfully when you pull the resulting window away from
the main Blender window, like onto another monitor. But if you
do not drag it away then it is only usable until you click on the
main Blender window, which then pushes your new window
behind it.

These new windows are just child windows of the main
application. If we want these to remain on top of the rest of
Blender *or* on top of all windows, we'd need to add some
z-order functions to Ghost. In Windows this would be a simple
call to the Windows API I mentioned, SetWindowPos. There
are different parameters if you want the window to just be on
top of other child windows in the same application or on top
of all other windows.

Harley