[Bf-funboard] floating windows don't stay on top!

Karl Kühberger karl.kuehberger at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 15:40:52 CEST 2013

I made the self-test and changed two things in the User Prefs:

Input - Select With: Left
Editing - Transform: Release confirms

For me as a Blender veteran it feels much more comfortable, fluent and
natural.
In school I tested the new preferences with one class and the old prefs
with another class.
Blender was for both classes totally unknown.
The first group was much more happy, started to move around stuff without
help from me,
they were quite optimistic and looking forward to learn more.
In the second group some students complained about the "crippled" software
and became frustrated.

Is this what we want to be the first impression of Blender?

I personally would change my startup file immediately, but I found out,
that it is not possible,
because changing to Left-Click-Select causes a change to Right-Click in the
other editors.
I don't know if this is an intended behavior (or is it a bug?) It just
don't make any sense to me.
A user must feel betrayed if he changes "Selection: Left-Click" and get's
the opposite behavior
in most editors.

IMHO this should be changed in the next version.