[Bf-funboard] floating windows don't stay on top!

Gatis Kurzemnieks gatis.kurzemnieks at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 10:24:10 CEST 2013

for me it woud be convenient to have some temporary windows on top of my
main 3d view, covering only small fraction for a brief time - like an
outliner window, or UV editor or curves editor. Existing behaviour with
splitting panes is good, also there already is option to Shift+click to
create standalone windows, but this does make sense only on second monitor.
This small addition of making window "stay on top" would be just handy
additional option for users who prefer it this way.

A little off topic - this is just ridiculous how much discussion and
arguing is going on about simple matters and about what is good and what is
not and defending lack of functionality by providing 5 step awkward
workarounds. (how can you even discuss left click vs right click if
99.999999% of all aplications ever created by humanity use left click to
select) That is just absurd!!!. And nobody is asking to change some core
ideas of the blender and make it a copy of maya. Almost all requests and
proposals can be done as additional options or first time defaults
therefore extending blenders existing capabilities and making it more user
friendly for people coming from other packages. Just respect the standards
and what majority of people want and like! You cant go against the world!
Old behaviour would still be there for those who like, but new users and
people with different habits would also be happy.

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 11:02 AM, Alberto Torres <kungfoobar at gmail.com>wrote:

> I think non-overlapping windows is the best way to have things arranged.
> That said, Blender has a serious problem with that: it's too cumbersome to
> make changes to that structure. You can't just move an area, you have to
> join and split back separate areas (remove and recreate), and very
> frequently you have to move several boundaries when it would be much better
> if you can "push" all at once.
>

> DiThi
>

> 2013/9/26 david j <davidj at gmail.com>
>
> > These diatribes are not helping anything. Nobody said blender will never
> > have overlapping windows.. It has preferences as a separate window.
> >
> > I specifically asked for clarification about which type of always-on-top
> is
> > being requested... A, b, or c?
> >
> > I also asked what the detailed use case is. What do you want to put in
> the
> > always on top window?
> >
> > There is no way to consider or implement a feature with the vague
> > descriptions which have been described so far.
> >
> > sent via mobile

Gatis Kurzemnieks
+371 26791519