[Bf-funboard] floating windows don't stay on top!

Karl Kühberger karl.kuehberger at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 08:39:48 CEST 2013

For me the non-overlapping paradigm seems to be a non-overlapping dogma as the right-click-selection is a dogma.

When the first deskto GUIs werr developed the analogy of a real desktop was used. On a real desktop sometimes you have overlap your papers

- because there is not enough space
- because there is no need to see all details always
- because it is more comfortable
- because it is less confusing and you can better concentrate to your work

Why not be more pragmatical and add the possibility to use overlapping windows but let the factory settings non-overlapping. Nobody will be forced to use it, but for them who find it of advantage it provides a better workflow.
I bet many Blender veterans will use it too.