[Bf-funboard] UI talk + session at bconf

Ruth Ivimey-Cook ruth at ivimey.org
Thu Sep 26 00:54:18 CEST 2013

david j wrote:
> (1) Creating an explicit UI-change proposal and approval process
That seems an excellent suggestion that - even if there were no issues
with the current way - deserves to be implemented.

I would caution against using the wiki for the reasons you identify -
it's far too useful to be able to easily reference a UI change in source
and bug reports, and too easy for a wiki to get out of step. I may be
biassed, but the simplest way forward is to use a change control system
(bug database).

I would also caution that, in some cases at least, "user ignorance" is a
bug of sorts - either a UI bug, or a docs bug - because unless the user
really didn't look, a UI that prompts people to ask for a feature that
exists is by definition bad.

Regards, Ruth

--
Software Manager & Engineer