[Bf-funboard] floating windows don't stay on top!

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 05:44:54 CEST 2013

Blender could store an 'always on top' setting for each window and map
this to each OS's setting.

Though this could get annoying if the window is ontop of all others
(non blender windows too), depends on how each system handles this.

I'm not against but seems low priority especially since overlapping
windows in blender are really not common use.

On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 10:55 AM, Harley Acheson
<harley.acheson at gmail.com> wrote:
>> This is best handled handled by the window manager.
>
> This isn't a regular part of the Windows interface.
>

>> It's the most efficient use of screen space and saves the user from
>> the floating window/crowded toolbar hell that you get in Maya/Max/XSI.
>
> Yes, but he is asking for the *option* to do so. Having such an
> option would not impact you negatively in any way if you do not
> use it. No need to save people from themselves.
>
> In Windows we just need to call SetWindowPos with the handle of the
> window, with HWND_TOPMOST as the second param, and SWP_NOMOVE
> and SWP_NOSIZE for the last param.
>
> Harley

- Campbell