[Bf-funboard] floating windows don't stay on top!

Harley Acheson harley.acheson at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 02:55:46 CEST 2013

> This is best handled handled by the window manager.

This isn't a regular part of the Windows interface.

> It's the most efficient use of screen space and saves the user from
> the floating window/crowded toolbar hell that you get in Maya/Max/XSI.

Yes, but he is asking for the *option* to do so. Having such an
option would not impact you negatively in any way if you do not
use it. No need to save people from themselves.

In Windows we just need to call SetWindowPos with the handle of the
window, with HWND_TOPMOST as the second param, and SWP_NOMOVE
and SWP_NOSIZE for the last param.

Harley