[Bf-funboard] UI talk + session at bconf

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Tue Sep 24 15:17:55 CEST 2013

On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 9:16 AM, Karl Kühberger
<karl.kuehberger at gmail.com> wrote:
> I know there is another place for UI/Feature proposals.
> Probably it is too far from the normal user, it attracts more the developer.
> But to make Blender more user-friendly and intuitive it is necessary to
> get more feedback from the users. I remember the reactions when I
> asked for a Undo/Redo feature in the "stone age" of Blender and later
> when I asked for a Snapping feature. Some developers at that time didn't
> understand the basic necessity for this features ;-)
> Now it is better, but there is still a too big gap between developers and
> users.

Feedback from users is good but I wouldn't say there isn't enough,
there's many discussion threads like this here and on forums.

Mostly we miss developers with time and designers who can really
analyze things more deeply. And organize them as a module owner team
who can make difficult decisions, because it's discouraging for
individual developers to make changes that generate endless
discussion.

Brecht.