[Bf-funboard] Critical improvements and features

Karl Kühberger karl.kuehberger at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 08:38:15 CEST 2013

It would be great to have a kind of "Material Editor" like in most other 3D
applications.
A place, where I can choose a material, see previews and can do all
material relevant
stuff including nodes, textures etc.

Now a material is only existing in combination with a (Fake) User. I always
have to select
an object which uses a material to work on this material.

>From this Material Editor it should be possible to assign a material just
by throw it onto
an object in the viewport (Drag & Drop).

Fake Users would be dispensable, because no material should be deleted by
Blender, just
because it has no User at the moment. The common way to get rid of a
Material should
be to press "Del" ;-)

Another very little UI problem is the "Save & Reload" button in the File
Menu.
Some days ago I just wanted to experiment with an animation I have made
last year, but I
didn't want to save it / change the original Blender file. Accidentally I
went to File Menu and
pressed the last command down in the row :-( I was used to find there the
Quit command,
but now it has changed to "Save & Reload".
I know, it is a very little quirk, but it can happen easily sometimes and
it should be prevented.
All applications I know have the Quit command at the last position.
Could we have changed this again please?!