[Bf-funboard] More passes for material nodes (blender render)

Bol Bib bollebib at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 21 17:19:18 CEST 2013

I have just with lots of difficulty managed to get a multimaterial node setup.

The difficulty I had was with adding a ray mirror to a mix of diffuse and specularity. I found little info concerning this in the wiki.
I eventually found a roundabout way,but it was hardly intuitive,and took a lot of trial and error.
I would have had less issues if ray mirror was a pass like it is in the composite nodes.

Is adding more passes (ray mirror,emit,refraction...)for material nodes at all possible in blender render? Or has this particular side of blender been abandonned and if I want this should I use cycles in stead?

I still feel Blender render has value ,but ofcourse wouldn't want to take away development time for something that will be dumped anyway. But I would like to know where I should put my energy.