[Bf-funboard] additional proportional edit mode? Connected project 2D

Bol Bib bollebib at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 3 10:58:23 CEST 2013

for example when I work on a character where the shoes,hands,hair,clothes are in the same object ,but not connected.

if I want to modify the hand with projected 2D I also accidentily move the arm and parts of the torso. Same for feet or hair and head. Connected mode can be fine in lots of cases,but the projected 2D has different rules that sometimes work better for the task at hand.

Hiding is then the only option, to work with projected 2D . But you sometimes need for those polygons that can't be adjusted to be visible to tweak them according to each other. For example fit a hand better in a sleeve, or a vest to a neck.

Also hiding,unhiding everytime slows work down considerably. A connected projected 2D would  give me the handy projected 2D but in a more controllable,seperated way while seeing the results of tweaks fully.

I can think of plenty of times during modeling where I could have used that in stead of the normal projected 2D. Connected just doesn't cut it in those cases.

is it more clear now?