[Bf-funboard] Experimental keymap introduction video

Paweł Łyczkowski pawellyczkowski at gmail.com
Sun Oct 27 18:25:41 CET 2013

Hey Nathan, great work on the keymap/interaction.

You can find the ideal interaction for selecting and basic operations be
me and Jonathan Williamson in this doc -
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ScPMbHv8WRCU2znB7IU2l-W9hH-NLs5weQKLkjqmgpA/edit#
in the part called "Selection Methods". You might also find "RMB Menu",
"Multiselect" and "Quick Switch" sections interesting.

Some of it overlaps with how you set it already.

You can see there that I propose to set up mode switching as follows:
"Tab to switch between Object mode and Edit mode when tapped, gives a
pie menu with all modes when held." I don't know if registering that a
button is held down is possible to register in Blender. If it is, it
could be used in more places. For instance the spacebar mode switcher
that you propose could take advantage of it - hold spacebar, move mouse
over specific mode, release spacebar.

What you have already is ok, except for deselecting - it would be better
if click on empty space would also deselected all, not only click drag.
Make sure spacebar can confirm an operation, like confirm Knife cuts.
Double click behaves weird, it not only selects loops but sometimes
faces - https://db.tt/QAFkjjCl

Cheers
Paweł Łyczkowski