[Bf-funboard] Consistency and education

menuetm menuetm at stud.hfwu.de
Mon Oct 14 20:47:35 CEST 2013

A shame we can't get it faster, I wouldn't have thought that
key-bindings could introduce instability. But it's great to hear the
2.7x releases may be as stable as 2.69. If it's the case, we may start
with 2.70 or whatever the first consistent version will be and then
always teach the latest version. It will also allow to invest more time
on making some small scripts/addons if the API stabilises.
We also think rmb select has a strong potential and our students will
have the choice, but with only 7-8 courses we can't afford to have 90%
of the students be slow for the 2 first courses and then have headaches
because of muscle -memory re-education for 4, having maybe 1 course at
normal speed in the end.

We sincerely hope things go the way you see it for the 2.7x series as
our first goal is stability in all levels: UI, functions and API as long
as there is no big reason to change,
Throwing hours/days/month of development, education and/or work for
eye-candies or new features should always be heavily questioned.

Kind regards