[Bf-funboard] Duplicate keyboard shortcut removing

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 08:18:02 CEST 2013

On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 7:07 AM, Gatis Kurzemnieks
<gatis.kurzemnieks at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everybody. It would be really nice feature for Blender preferences
> Input editor to check for duplicate keyboard shortcuts when creating new or
> changing existing. It could show a warning dialog informing user that the
> keyboard shortcut is already assigned to some other function and offer
> choices of "Cancel" and "Remove Old Shortcut". There should never be one
> shortcut assigned to multiple commands - now it is possible but only the
> last one works (As I understand).
>
> Also there seems to be a bug when importing Key configuration on top of
> existing,some shortcuts get duplicated and configuration becomes a mess.
>
> --
> Gatis Kurzemnieks

Blender has this but its not so useful because we sometimes
intentionally pass-though keys (intentional overlap where first key to
execute an operator is used).

In the spacebar search menu you can find the operator:

 Test Key Configuration for Conflicts

However I never used it and currently it prints a lot of conflicts
which are not real errors AFAICS.

--
- Campbell