[Bf-funboard] Enter specific edit mode

Gatis Kurzemnieks gatis.kurzemnieks at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 14:52:37 CEST 2013

Hello. I was thinking that maybe it would be useful to add official python
operators to blender to be able to enter mesh edit mode directly in
vertex/edge/polygon modes - that is, for example user could map keyboard
shortcut for each mode and enter directly in that mode from object mode
with one key (without first entering edit mode and then selecting needed
mode). Maybe I am missing something and it can be done already, then I
would be glad to hear that.

I have made python script to do that my self - it just combines enter in
edit mode and then switching to needed mode. I have mapped these three
commands to three easy access keys and find this shortcut super useful and
i use it all the time. In all other 3d apps you can do this as well and I
don't see any reason why this would be bad :)

--
Gatis Kurzemnieks