[Bf-funboard] GeForce GTX 780Ti, Titan, and other Blender benchmark results at TomsHardware

Manu Järvinen manu.jarvinen at gmail.com
Sun Nov 10 22:24:39 CET 2013

Hi

I was wondering if the GeForce GTX results of Tom's Hardware seem right
to you developers? They use the old Blender 2.66 in their testing. I
recall after that has happened some great improvements in graphics card
support in Blender.

For example the statement about double-precision performance: " ... the
otherwise slower Titan is twice as fast in Blender."

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-780-ti-review-benchmarks,3663-14.html

However, in BlenderArtists, according to the posts 145 and 146 in the
below thread, 780Ti seems to be faster than Titan:
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?303832-New-Cycles-Benchmark/page8

What do you think?

Should we ask Tom's Hardware to redo the benchmarks on a new Blender?

mj