[Bf-funboard] Suggested list of precision modeling tools

Raindrops From Sky raindrops.fromsky at gmail.com
Sat May 11 21:21:13 CEST 2013

Hi

I am not a developer, so cannot implement them myself.

BTW I thought this "Feature Board" is made up of UX (User Experience) /
Usability experts who are supposed to recommend which feature set should be
taken up next for development. So I expected a debate on how these features
can save time and effort in modeling.

There is indeed a set of tools called "CADTools", but it was designed for
Blender 2.49; and not updated for Blender 2.6x.
According to the author, this work is delayed because Blender APIs are not
suitable. Further, the author expects annual support from users who are
supposed to obtain individual licenses from him. So it is not truly
freeware.

Some 3-4 features would be implemented in Project Sushi (GSOC 2012), which
is still running.

But a vast majority of these features are not taken up yet.

Regards,
Narayan