[Bf-funboard] Suggested list of precision modeling tools

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Sat May 11 20:18:42 CEST 2013

On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 5:52 PM, Raindrops From Sky
<raindrops.fromsky at gmail.com> wrote:
> yes, I have already stated that these features would be great for
> engineering/archviz projects.
>
> But also notice that a lot of Blender users model non-organic items such as
> cars, aircraft, houses and guns.
> These features are equally useful to those users as well.
>
> These features cannot "tie down" Blender for those purposes, or make it
> unusable for "artistic/organic" projects.
> Let the user enable these features from the "User Preferences" panel.
>
> Also, note that SU is no longer a freeware: It is free "only for personal
> use".
> So we can expect a large proportion of SU users to turn to Blender over the
> next few months.
>
> So, over the next few months, many more users would need these features.
>
> ****
> Doing an equivalent operation in Blender is quite tedious.
> Frankly, no one has yet come out with a "how to" wiki, pdf or video
> tutorial.

There are some really cool tools for this sort of thing but I am not
sure where right now and have no time to search. Look in the addons.
I would like to have tools like this and even tried to talk a dev into
making them one time, but no luck. Your ideas are better so maybe they
would do it? Have you thought about doing them yourself in python?

--
Douglas E Knapp

with open source software!

Massage in Gelsenkirchen-Buer: