[Bf-funboard] Quick switching between objects

Paweł Łyczkowski pawellyczkowski at gmail.com
Thu May 9 16:43:40 CEST 2013

When in Texture Paint mode, you can quickly switch to another object by
shift-clicking on it. That is a great idea, since I usually separate my
mesh to smaller chunks when painting, to avoid painting on parts by
accident, and the standard operation of switching to object mode,
selecting an object, and switching back gets tiresome when used very
frequently.

But it's unusable at the moment, since it seems that each object has
local mode it is currently in. So at first when switching we quit from
texture paint mode to object mode, and we have to manually change to
texture paint mode again. And when we finish texturing and doing other
stuff on objects, when we select objects from which we switched, it
changes to texture paint again.

So I think editing mode should be global, and the quick switching be
implemented in all modes other than object mode. I suppose
shift-clicking is too common, so maybe with ctrl-shift-clicking or
something similar.

Regards
PLyczkowski