[Bf-funboard] Physical Memory and Cycles

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Wed May 8 11:24:41 CEST 2013

On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 10:58 AM, Brecht Van Lommel
<brechtvanlommel at pandora.be> wrote:
> More memory does not make a computer render fastering, it's the CPU
> speed that matters most. It can only prevent a severe slowdown when
> you are rendering a big scene that would not fit in less memory.
>
> We currently do not support GPU rendering on AMD cards due to
> technical issues in their driver that we can't solve.
> http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.6/Source/Render/Cycles/OpenCL
>
> Brecht.

Ryan, sell your card and buy a 2 Nvidia card, GTX 680 maybe (with lots
of ram on them!). You will then have very rapid Cycles renders. Also
check out Andrew Price's page on speeding up Cycles. There are a lot
of settings in Blender that can really speed up a render. Last buy a
computer with a I7 chip. All this assuming you have the money. If not
just get a nice Nvidia card with lots of ram.

--
Douglas E Knapp

with open source software!

Massage in Gelsenkirchen-Buer: