[Bf-funboard] Hotkeys for 3D view modes

Prashant Sohani prashant.sohani at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 19:49:25 CET 2013

At this point, the number of view modes (namely wireframe, solid) etc have
increased to as many as 6. Before that, the simple Z key to toggle between
solid and wireframe was enough, but at this point I find myself frequently
switching between the solid/wireframe (to model) and rendered mode (to
preview) as well..

One could add this hotkey onto Z with some modifier such as Shift Z; but
since it already has undo, redo functions associated, maybe adding a
separate set of hotkeys for this would be better. In particular, several
other editor types such as Image, Video Sequence, NLA etc also have 3 or
more modes to choose from, so if we could establish consistent hotkeys
across them all, that would help as well..

So.. looking at some other programs, I thought that Alt+1, Alt+2 etc upto
Alt+6 or whatever are a good choice; but I realize they are already mapped
to layers. What about Ctrl Alt #, or any other possibilities?

Regards,
Prashant