[Bf-funboard] Blender-upgrader

Prashant Sohani prashant.sohani at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 22:50:43 CET 2013

We could for a start, just add an entry in the 'links' of the splash. Then,
the next step could be for blender to just try to check at some URL if an
upgrade is available, and simply notify the user by a clickable alert in
the info panel that will take him to the latest downloads page.. and of
course, nothing to be done if fetching the URL fails in the first place.
This way, although the installation still has to be done by the users
themselves, blender could merely assist whenever possible, to keep itself
updated.