[Bf-funboard] Blender-upgrader

Patrik Andersson patrik.andersson.se at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 13:08:46 CET 2013

Hi!
I would like to suggest a blender-installer or a blender upgrade feature. It could work like this:
When starting blender, most users I guess get the start-up image with links and last open files etc. Add a release panel in that dialog, which announce the major releases like release candidates and sharp version or important bug-fixes. Then it's possible for the user to easily update/upgrade the blender version, by letting blender installer/upgrade change current installation of blender to the newer version, and letting old settings remains without any matters.

The purpose is to initiate the upgrade from blender itself in some way.

What do you say?

Best regards,
Patrik