[Bf-funboard] proposed adjustment to object->display property subpanel

Jason van Gumster jason at handturkeystudios.com
Sat Jul 27 18:22:51 CEST 2013

Hello,

I can't say that I'm a fan of this. The biggest reason is that the proposed
layout breaks hierarchy. That is, a general design principle used in Blender
(and in general) is go from large changes to small changes, top-down and
left-right. The proposed move of the Display Type breaks this order (Display
Type is a large change and the array of checkboxes are *additional* draw
options). Yes, the proposed layout looks prettier, but it breaks a core design
principle and, as such, is less functional.

  -Jason