[Bf-funboard] Proposition for Blender 2.7/2.8: Text Engine
davidj at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 23:16:08 CEST 2013
Text-handling is a good start, but only a small part of supporting RTL,
bidi, or TTB/BTT languages. In fact large sections of the UI need to be
flipped / reoriented to correspond with right-to-left meaning.
For example, in RTL:
- timeline needs to be flipped
- timeline-playhead buttons need to be flipped.
- node-system needs to be X-axis flipped (inputs on the right, outputs on
- layout orientations need to be X-flipped (left-most panels on the right
and vice versa)
- subpanel headers and layouts need to be flipped (header-triangles on the
right, layouts x-flipped)
- editor-type headers need to be flipped (start on the right, not the left)
Supporting TTB/BTT languages is even more involved.
On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 8:20 AM, Bastien Montagne <montagne29 at wanadoo.fr>wrote:
> Currently our text handling in UI is very basic, it works well for basic
> languages like “european” ones, but not for complex ones (arabic and
> other RTL, Indic familly, etc.). As we support more and more real i18n,
> it becomes very annoying for users willing to translate or type in there
> native language (chars are not drawn in the good order, cursor
> navigation and text selection is wrong, etc.).
> So I took some hours in the past two days to setup a first draft of a
> proposition to get a real text engine inside Blender, available here:
> http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Mont29/Text_Engine_Reflections .
> Feedback is obviously most welcomed! :D
> Kind regards,
> Bf-funboard mailing list
> Bf-funboard at blender.org
More information about the Bf-funboard