[Bf-funboard] Proposition for Blender 2.7/2.8: Text Engine

David Jeske davidj at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 23:16:08 CEST 2013

Text-handling is a good start, but only a small part of supporting RTL,
bidi, or TTB/BTT languages. In fact large sections of the UI need to be
flipped / reoriented to correspond with right-to-left meaning.

http://www.i18nguy.com/MiddleEastUI.html

For example, in RTL:

- timeline needs to be flipped
- timeline-playhead buttons need to be flipped.
- node-system needs to be X-axis flipped (inputs on the right, outputs on
the left)
- layout orientations need to be X-flipped (left-most panels on the right
and vice versa)
- subpanel headers and layouts need to be flipped (header-triangles on the
right, layouts x-flipped)
- editor-type headers need to be flipped (start on the right, not the left)

Supporting TTB/BTT languages is even more involved.